Monday, December 3, 2007

Waking Up With the Promise of a Great Day

Well it's been a hell of a week end. It started with such promise. I play tennis on Saturday at 10 am. I just started to get back into playing tennis, after laying off for about 10 years, so I look forward to having a chance to play. So I started out just find in the first game. Things are looking good, I am flying around the court like Roger Federer, it was something to behold. But next game as I was serving I got some real bad pain in my elbow, I usually get this from hanging out at the Time Out Pub all day. Just kidding kiddies Uncle Willie travels the straight and narrow, most ofthe time.
So I continued to serve and the pain just got more unbearable, It got to the point that I had to quit. A trip to the doctor and I have tendinitis. Great no tennis for two months. It just keeps getting better.

Late that night on Saturday we had to take my mother-in-law to the emergency room, as she became very ill. My wife and I spent about 4 hours in the emergency room till they admitted my mother-in-law. My wife spent most of the time in her mothers room while I sat in the emergency room. There are quite a cast of characters coming through the door late at night. I would say that 99% of the people who came in had been drinking, as the room smelled like the a for mention pub on a good Saturday night. A good thing is that it is quite a show , the down side is that they all want to talk to me.
"Yes it's very cold outside and no I am not f-ck up too or no I don't have a cigarette".
But there was also another good thing, and it was that I got to watch the Oklahoma/Missouri football game uninterrupted except for a couple of the same questions.

We finally left the hospital and proceeded to get into our car. I got behind the wheel and all of a sudden I start to shake like I am driving in my under ware, which I wasn't. So all the way home I am shivering like a man, well that is very cold. We make it home and I am getting sicker by the moment. I end up on the couch in sweat pants,tee shirt,long sleeve insulated shirt and a sweat shirt. And I am still cold. Well after a doctors visit I find out I have a streped throat. So it feels like I am swallowing a crushed up light bulb. It just doesn't get any better then this week end. Life is great isn't it?

1 comment:

Farf's Girl said...

Get well soon, Uncle woofie!