Monday, May 12, 2008

School Dances


When I was a lad of maybe 15 or 16 the township use to have dances 2 or 3 time a week. It was usually at one of the schools in the township. It seemed that every kid in the township would attend these dances. This was a great time because there were going to be girls there. And at that time in my life they were on my mind only about 23 hrs a day. This is were I developed my technique of slow dancing with a undetected erection,( which I had 23 hrs a day also) at least I hope so. I would just push my butt out and bend my knees a little. I looked kind of like Groucho Marks when he did his crazy walk. Any who all my friends would go and it was a great time. I would never dance to any fast songs, just the slow ones. When I tried to dance a fast one I looked like I was having a epileptic episode. Now as a adult I dance every song at any affair. As you get older you do not give a crap about how bizarre you look you just want to have a good time.

The inspiration for writing this post is that a friend who was cleaning out her attic found a trophy(the picture is the actual trophy) that she had won, at one of these dances, in a dance contest. Her partner was a guy that use to be a peripheral character among the people we use to hang with. His name was Walter Franks . Walter was the only one, as I was growing up to start wearing a watch at 4 years old. When Walter turned 17, in New Jersey at the time that is when you got your licence to drive, he got a brand new Chevy Impala convertible. He always wore the best clothes, with his sleeves rolled up so perfectly on his long sleeve shirts. I always admired that, how he got them to fold so perfectly. I think he just wanted to show off his expensive watch. The one flaw that Walter had was that he was about 4 foot tall and had this very high pitched voice, sort of Munchkinesk like. I sometimes wonder now where Walter ended up. Maybe coming out of a small car at the circus with all of his buddies. I just don't know. Any way the dances were a wonderful time in my youth. And I think of them sometimes when ever I get a erection.

Here is a clip of the Marks Brothers that has Groucho's walk in the begining.

1 comment: