
Back in Maine after a trip to the old country, New Jersey. The first thing we had to do was drop our friend off in Hoboken at her daughters apartment. She had come down with us from Maine and was staying there for a couple of days.
Hoboken is a very nice town, it is packed with young people and they are all over the place. It's a good living alternative for New York, as the rents are a lot more reasonable. And it's only a short path ride to the city, so there are loads of people who work in the city, living in Hoboken.
The one thing that I felt walking around town was I was not use to that many people being in one space. It was kind of a people over load. I am a people watcher and this was just a bit too much for me. I just did not know were to look. Living in Maine for the last 8 years you forget that there are crowed places. And there are all kinds of different people walking around the streets. Living in Maine you very rarely see people of color and there, in Hoboken, there were many shades of people all over the place.
Well any who while we were there we decided to get some lunch and my friend Kate suggested that we try 5 Guys Burgers. I have heard a lot about the burgers and I wanted to give them a try. And the hamburger, would be the one food that I could probably eat every day. Well any way, we stop in and ordered our burgers. The choices were hamburger and little hamburger . So I was hungry and ordered the regular burger. Well let me tell you, the little burger is a regular size burger, and the regular burger is a double patty with fried onions and it is as big as your head.
Hoboken is a very nice town, it is packed with young people and they are all over the place. It's a good living alternative for New York, as the rents are a lot more reasonable. And it's only a short path ride to the city, so there are loads of people who work in the city, living in Hoboken.
The one thing that I felt walking around town was I was not use to that many people being in one space. It was kind of a people over load. I am a people watcher and this was just a bit too much for me. I just did not know were to look. Living in Maine for the last 8 years you forget that there are crowed places. And there are all kinds of different people walking around the streets. Living in Maine you very rarely see people of color and there, in Hoboken, there were many shades of people all over the place.
Well any who while we were there we decided to get some lunch and my friend Kate suggested that we try 5 Guys Burgers. I have heard a lot about the burgers and I wanted to give them a try. And the hamburger, would be the one food that I could probably eat every day. Well any way, we stop in and ordered our burgers. The choices were hamburger and little hamburger . So I was hungry and ordered the regular burger. Well let me tell you, the little burger is a regular size burger, and the regular burger is a double patty with fried onions and it is as big as your head.
Out comes the burger and I start to chow down, and the onions are falling out, the ketchup is oozing onto my lap, and the grease is running down my arm. And now I am thinking this is a great burger, but probably not the healthiest meal I could have ordered. I think that they should give you, in stead of fries, a one shot defibrillator with every big burger.
So I wolfed down the burger and a diet coke, checked my pulse and got into our car for the next leg of the trip. Check in at the prison hotel.
6 comments:
I lived in Hoboken for a few years before I went to Brooklyn and still go there a couple times a week since we have a satellite office there. Funny to see someone else's take on it.
And as an aside, what a healthy diet after your surgery!
Greasy hamburgers are like heron to me, I cannot stop.
If you're ever in or near Cincinnati, be sure to swing by Zola's in northern Kentucky.
It's hard not to turn their burgers into a life shortening habit.
Zola's, now I have to make a trip to Cincinnati.
I can't believe you were in Hoboken and we didn't get to see you.
I'm sorry, did you say you had a Diet Coke with that burger? Did that even it out?
Post a Comment