This pass weekend my wife and I traveled to New Jersey for a dentist appointment.Yea I know its a long way to go to a dentist. I was telling someone at spin class that I had gone to New Jersey for a dentist appointment and they said "You know we have dentist in Maine." And I said " I know they do, but with the lack a teeth in this state I was a little leery." Ha ha.
So while we were down for the appointment I decided to visit a friend that I have not seen in a while. So we got together with our friend and while we were visiting him a friend came for a visit. And this friend was someone that I use to work with when I worked at Exxon. His name is Andy and he is a very good fun loving guy.
One of things that Andy was famous for, when we worked together, was that Andy ran all of the office pools. In the summer it was baseball, in the winter it was football. And in between he would be creative and run these other pools to make a little cash. And one of these games of chance made Andy a living legend.
Andy purchased a large chocolate bunny, it was around Easter, and was going to run a game where he filled a large jar with jelly beans, and the game was that you had to guess how many jellybeans were in the jar and the closest to the number won the bunny.
So the game ran for a week or so till he had all the money he paid for the chocolate bunny. The day came were Andy came to work after counting the jelly beans and announced the winner. And winner is "Andy". Well I want tell you there was a uproar and everyone could not believe that the guy running the game won. There was someones guess that was closer, but he had gone over the number and you could not go over the number of jelly beans.
Well needless to say that was the end of Andy's games of chance. After that when he tried to start a new pool everyone would say not with "Jellybean Boy".
That happened about 25 years ago, and everyone that runs into Andy now a days will always bring up the jelly bean contest. I would think that it would be a good thing to put on his tombstone. "Guess how many jellybeans will fill this coffin."
5 comments:
Um... (and I really hate to ask this) but... what is a living legion?
- Snoot (confused)
Is is similar to a living legend except there are lots of people envolved.
Um... do you mean evolved or involved?
God I'm such a nuisance.
I would promise to stop taking cheap shots at your spelling, but it is just too much fun. Yes I have a problem. Please don't judge me.
- Snoot
That's Ok Snoot. If it wasn't for you I would be just to perfect and I couldn't be arond regular people,that have flaws, but youww keep me grounded. Thanks Snoot
And yes I know, that I left out a couple of letters and added a couple, in my last comment, so you can save your comment.
Post a Comment