Thursday, May 27, 2010

My First Spin Class

I ran spin class yesterday and I got a little lazy, not in their workout, but I chose the first workout I did for the spin class. And who was at that first workout? Teddy Roosevelt that's who. That's right old "ruff and ready" was there at the first ride, along with Mary, Dede and Heidi. It seems that Teddy or The Tedster as I use to call him, was about to charge up San Juan Hill and needed to work on his cardio.

And a little side story about spin class and the Tedster, was I had gotten a little hungry and asked the Tedster if he would get me a pastry but he would have to be quite and not disturb any of the other classes. So I said " Walk softly and carry a big sticky Cinnabon back for me". He wrote the instructions on a piece of paper and stuck it in his pocket, and off he went.H e never returned to the class and I never got my pastry. Never trust anyone who wears pince-nez glasses while they work out.

Here is one of the songs I played that is one of the Tedsters favorites.

4 comments:

ERSG said...

I guess you had to be there. I don't get it. At all...

Willie Y said...

Ok, first Teddy Roosevelt died January 6, 1919. I made up the story. One of his quotes was "Talk softly and carry a big stick". I bastardized the quote in the name of comedy. And San Juan Hill is a reference to a battle in Cuba during the Spanish/American War, that Rooseelt lead a charge there. And Pince Nez are a style of spectacles, popular in the nineteenth century, which are supported without earpieces, by pinching the bridge of the nose.

You had to be there and you have to know a little about Teddy Roosevelt to get the joke. HA ha.

You know he was our 26th president and a Republican.

Spencer Troxell said...

Have you heard Korn's version of 'Word Up'?

It's pretty fly.

Lodo Grdzak said...

Word up. Oh my God! Its all coming back now.