Monday, June 28, 2010

I Think My Pants Shrunk


This is my Friday. After a good spin class run my Mary, who by the way added about 25 push ups at the end of the ride, trying, I think, to kill someone. Then it was off with a co-worker to drop off a truck in Westbrook Maine. The highlight or low light, for me was that I stopped in a connivance store to buy a drink, but as I passed a pack of two macadamia nut cookies, they cried out to me "Don't we look yummy. Buy us and we will fill you cookie dreams". So I did.

On the return trip my co-worker wanted to stop in a McDonald's and get a bite. Since I only had two cookies, about 300 calories, I order two chicken raps. In my world this seem like a good choice, till I looked at the nutritional information. Each wrap was 350 calories with 17 grams of fat. That's 700 calories and 34 grams of fat. Just a light snack. I now have had 1000 calories and who knows how many grams of fat. Let the belt out a notch and lets go for more.

My wife and I have a standing date with friends,that moved to Maine when we did, to have dinner every Friday evening. So we all head out for the Boathouse restaurant in Rockland. A very nice location on the bay with semi good food. I, after had a light lunch, decided to eat light. So I ordered fried scallops, coleslaw, french fries and two beers. (If my cardiologist, Dr Coyle is reading this, forgive me.) Needless to say I had exhausted my caloric intake for the day at around 8 AM in the morning. Thank jebus Mary made me do those push ups at spin class.

Disclaimer: I do not usually eat like this, it was just one of those days where I could not get my full. Now where are those rice cakes and a diet Coke.

2 comments:

Spencer Troxell said...

What's the point of living in the land of plenty if you're not going to incur a little stomach cancer along the way?

Willie Y said...

I can't comment I'm looking for a Twinkie.