Thursday, June 3, 2010

Two Year Old Butter Milk for 50 Cents....What a Deal


Yesterday my wife and I headed out to one of my favorite stores, Ocean State Job Lot. This chain primarily buys brand-name goods whose manufacturer is willing to sell them at a loss following overstocking or discontinuation. I love this store and I always find many things to purchase there. They sell brand name tee shirts and sweatshirts at a really good low price. Now some of the shirts have three sleeves but what the hey for three bucks you can't beat it. Just kidding, all the shirts are top quality.

Now all of the clothes are top quality but they could be a little behind the times, in style that is. You can really get a good deal on a cool polyester Huckapoo shirt or cool elephant bells. Or like yesterday, you could have picked up a kelly green women's coat that had been laying in the sun for a month or so, it was nicely faded in spots, for about ten bucks.


There are all kinds of deals. Where can you pick up "Learn to Speak Pig-Latin" on VSH tape. Or the complete set of wrenches for five bucks. Fifty pounds of bird seed for twenty five bucks. A brand new 8 track player for ten dollars. A brand new Nehru jacket for three bucks. And were can you buy a size 7 men's shoes anymore.


I was thinking as I walked around the store,what kind of people shop here, shut ins, carny people, clowns. Just then I passed a mirror, priced at 3 bucks, and saw my refection and realized your pal shops here. I'm just like them. I dropped to my knees and shouted "Oh Jebus please help me, what have I done to forsake you".


After I got over the shock I continued alone and got some good deals. I always find something at Job Lot and will continue to be one of those people who shop there.

2 comments:

Spencer Troxell said...

don't feel bad, Willie.

Carnies, Shut-In's and Clowns are some of the best kinds of company to have.

Willie Y said...

Spencer, who are you hanging around with? I do admit it would be a colorful crowd, but would you want to hear what the clowns do on their days off. I bet John Wayne Gacy had somme interesting stories.