The weekend in New Jersey was very nice, with some great times with family and friends. Saturday was filled with all kinds of things starting with the exciting washing and waxing of my niece's car. What was nice about the car thing was it gave me a chance to spend some time with my nice and that was wonderful, because of moving to Maine, I don't get a chance to be with her that much.
The rest of Saturday turned into the preparation for a little party on my brother and sister-in-law's deck with a couple of their friends, my nice and her boyfriend, and my wife. It started with a couple of beers and good food, then suddenly turned into volleyball in the pool while consuming a whole bottle of Patron tequila. Needless to say it was a fun game.
On the fourth we all were preparing to go, that night, to Hoboken to our friends sons apartment to watch the Macy's fireworks on the Hudson. There were many call during the day about the get together about parking in Hoboken. So it was decided that we would park at the Secaucus train station and take the path to Hoboken.
So off we go to Secaucus to catch the train. The thing about Sunday was that it was very very hot and humid. The outside temperature on my car said that it was 104 degrees outside which to me was murder. I hate hot and humid weather, it is one of the reasons I moved to Maine, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average and it is not that fucking hot. Well any who we got to the Secaucus station got a board the train and headed to Hoboken.
We exited the train into the city and I was struck with the humanity and the heat. There were so many people all over the place. I think there were about
a gazillion people there to watch the show that night. And did I mention that it was very hot, yea it was hot.
Living in Maine this last 8 years and getting use to not being around that many people, this was crazy to me. To many people all over the place and it was so hot. So we dodged the humanity and made our way to our destination.
While at the apartment we renewed our friendships and got all the news about what everyone was doing since we had all last been together. We had some food and a couple of beers and waited for 9:25PM for the fireworks.
Our friends apartment had a deck and that was where we were all sitting waiting for the nights festivities. I don't know if I mention it but it was very hot. And to add to the heat and no breeze at all, was that the air conditioner was venting onto the deck while the grille was on to cook the food with . At this point for me the heat was all I could think about. I think by the end of the night I was cooked to a perfect medium rare.
When the fireworks started we all headed to the front of the court yard to watch the show. And we were not alone. There had to be about 200 people clinging to the railing to get a good view. And I was right there with them now getting hotter and hotter from all of the bodies. And to top things off I was standing next to someone who was smoking a cigar. I was just about to scream when the fireworks started and things got a little better, but I could not wait for the finale so I could get back to my air conditioned Volvo.
After the end of the fireworks we all headed back to the train to get back to Secaucus. Of course when we got to the train it was filled with about a million people already on the train. In fact we had to ride in the little space between the cars, that's how crowed it was. Needless to say it was the longest 10 minute trip that ever I experienced. And I don't know if I mentioned it but it was very hot.
When I got to my Volvo, after being lost in the Secucaus station and not being able to find the way to the parking lot, I turned the air up full and felt that I had finally stopped the cooking and would not end up being well done, thank Jebus.
5 comments:
Sometimes that car air conditioning is the greatest thing in the world.
I'm glad you survived swimming through the masses of humanity.
Sounds like a perfect holiday !
Our dogs got nervous and jerky due
to the firecrackers, so I turned on
max A/C near the TV, and watched the Macy's Fireworks . Started to
get a little chilly, but the
compressor/fan noise helped drown out the firecrackers . It was rough.
Great seeing you guys in May !
soupdogs
milford, nj
It was good to see friends and family, but I don't know if I had mentioned that it was f'n hot.
Yes May was good, but we have to get together more often.
Yes it was nice getting together with family and friends. I don't know if you read the part about it being hot, but it was so f'n hot.
We have to get together more often.
Willie,
We had a prime spot not far from where you were. If you're around next year, my friends say they'll have you over.
Thanks for shout-out to Spiffy. Not sure why comments wont post on my blog, but much appreciated.
And in regards to the heat, try working in this shit everyday up in the Bronx and Brooklyn! There aren't many things I'd go to war over, but try to steal my A/C--its on baby!!!!
Post a Comment