Thursday, November 15, 2007

Do You Know What A Stink Pickel Is?

Well today I took a little trip to St Johnsbury Vermont to pick up a vehicle for the car dealer I work for, Fullers GMC Cadilac Jeep in Rockland Maine. I took a GMC Sierra pickup truck to exchange it for a GMC Yukon SUV. I wanted to get a early start because I promised that I would go food shopping with my wife when I return. I had made this promise in a moment of weakness and I could not talk my way out of it. So any who,I leave the house at 600 AM and it is foggy and rainy just the perfect start for a 150 miles trip. The start of the ride wasn't too bad because there are not a lot of people on the road at that time in the morning.

But what made the trip best for me was that the pickup had a XM satellite radio which I love. I set 3 presets. Number one is the 50's decade, it is music from the 50's. This was the music that was in the back round of the Willie movie, THE YOUNGER YEARS. I love doowop music. The Charts, Lee Andrews and the Hearts,the Del Vikings, Harvey and the Moonglows they were all great in there time. And as I was cruising along the highways and byways, I am belting out these tunes, it was great. While I am singing at the top of my lungs I look up and spotted the Onstar on the mirror and I start to wonder if someone is recording this and that I will be appearing on the next GMC commercial bloopers.

The number 2 preset is the comedy channel,the one that is not censored. This channel has some of the funnest people in stand up. There was one time today that I was laughing so hard I started to cry. Just at that time a car had pulled up next to me and gave me the strangest look. I tyred to mime to them that I was listening to a comedy channel on the radio, but I don't think they understood because they flipped me the bird. Go figure. Another plus to listening to the comedy channel is that you learn new phrases, today I learned stink pickle.

Number 3 preset is Air America it is a progressive liberal radio station. I love this station because it is one of the only progressive voices on the radio. Compare that to the 50 or so conservative talk shows that are on all day. Did you know that you can pick up Rush Limbaugh on 3 channel everyday. Once is way too much in my opinion. So it is nice to hear another point of view.So that part of the ride was great.

I kept switching through all of the channels,up and down the dial, a thousand times, it was great.(I think I've said great about 20 times so far, isn't that great).

The route that I take passes the White Mountains in New Hampshire. On a clear day there are spectacular views of the mountains and surounding area. But on this day I could just see the highway.

I arrived at the dealership in St. Johnsbury and exchanged the pickup for the Yukon. Now this is a good ride. It had all of the bells and whistles. XM of course, GPH, leather seats all around and a great big egg salad sandwich in the glove compartment. Just kidding about the sandwich. And in addition to a glove compartment there was all so a compartment for gloves. I made that up too. The trip back was just as good as the trip up. Lots of singing, laughing and getting pissed off. I love it.

3 comments:

Farf's Girl said...

Is this your way of asking Santa to bring you a satellite radio?

Anonymous said...

you never said what a stink pickel is, so give it up... let us know...
your friend in north carolina who loves you to pieces... :)

Jeremy said...

My alma mater's football team has a backup running back named Dustin Pickle. He's the fourth string tailback, but I think it would be harsh to say he "stinks."