Thursday, December 11, 2008

To sleep, perchance to dream

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. That is what a normal night sleep looks like, but mine is like this, ZZZZ..............ZZ......ZZZZZZZ........ZZZZ. I have the worst sleeping habits. I'll just give you last nights as an example. First I feel asleep on the couch around 830 for about a half a hour. And woke up to then I slipped in dream land at 10:30 for about another half hour, then I got up and went to bed, where I broke my own previous record for tossing and turning for about 45 minutes. Got up and went out to watch TV. Watched TV for about 1 hour and a half then fell asleep on the couch. Got up after 2 hours and went to bed where I feel in to a very deep sleep for another 2 hours. And then I got up and headed to the computer to type this blog.

I think what I need is a Ambien or better yet, like the Three Stooges, a giant wooden mallet on the top of my head. Sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bilford,
Call the EPA and bring on the Special Forces! There must be something in the air that's causing all this sleep disturbance.
The same day your blog brought the problem to my attention, I heard similar stories from my sister, my mother and my husband. NONE of them slept at all (they say) on December 10th.
I'd better stock up on Ambien in case it happens to me! I can understand why "you're so enamored with sleep" ... its not a problem unless you can't.
A wooden mallet is in the mail to you with our regards along with a copy of a Three Stooges video. That should do the trick!