Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Evil Yelled at Me

Last nights spin class was a good one with our gal *Evil in her glory. After a short delay, the shortest one in a couple of weeks, she did one of her best classes. And what was really great was that the class was full for the first time this year. We even had to drag out some of the old bikes for the overflow. The only real glitch for me anyway, was when right in the middle of a block, our gal yelled at your pal. The problem is that I am now thought of as a pariah in the eyes of all the spinners that were there tonight. It's not that I care about it myself, but it lets down all the little people who look up to your pal as a spin god, and that's who I feel bad about. Thier hero is tarnished. But I have made a promise to myself that I will try to climb back to that high pedestal that our gal dragged me off of.


* I would like to say a couple of things about Evil, AKA Amy. She is the reason that there are so many people that have taken up spinning. She puts so much effort into each class, with lots of time and money invested in each workout, and we, the people at the YMCA, should thank our lucky stars that they have such a gem. She is always in a good mood, even if she is having a bad day. There is no one better, I don't believe, in the whole county that does a better job then she is doing for us. So even though she yelled at me, she is still the best.

8 comments:

Spencer Troxell said...

It's always sad to see our heroes fall.

Mary said...

Hey Willie,
Look at the good side at least you weren't invisible this time... And speaking of invisible I am going to set up a shrine on your bike until you get the ok to come back. That way I know you will be there in spirit and your followers will have a place to come worship and sing praises to you in hopes of a quick return. It's going to be a very sad time without you.
M

Evil Republican Spin Goddess said...

Hey Willie,
Geez, I don't like what I'm reading. Did the Doc say you weren't allowed to exercise for a while? Oh boy, I am so sad. LIfe just won't be the same without our wonderful Willie. Or maybe I just scared you away last night when I barked at you about the tension. Actually I hope it was the latter because I don't want to see you hurt or sick.

On another note, thanks for the praise. I always appreciate kind words.

Get well soon Willie- we just can't spin without you!

Amy

Lodo Grdzak said...

Evil?

ERSG said...

It's all a big facade...

Mr Snootles said...

Bah Uncle Willie,

I get yelled at all the time in spin classes. Years ago I used to sneak in, anonymous, but now all the instructors know my name and use me as their Guinea Pig.

- "Turn your load up Michael!"

- "Today the class is racing against Michael"

- "Are the ladies back there working hard Michael?" (always a dangerous question)

- "Michael asked me to do this track" (always the really hard tracks).

Man up Uncle Willie!

- Snoot (AKA Michael)

Willie Y said...

Hey Snoot,a friend just returned from down under and he told me that you can not immagrate to Australia if you have a large body mass. Is this true?

Mr Snootles said...

Uncle Willie,

I hadn't heard that, but I must say the heavier you are the harder it is to chase down and kill Kangaroos. Since all we eat here is Kangaroo meat, it could be for humanitarian reasons that we don't won't people to starve?

- Snoot