Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'm Getting the Shaft


Here's my story it's sad but true and it's not about a girl that I once knew, it's about a golf club that I just purchased. This strange tail started last Monday when I decided to buy a new driver. My present golf clubs are about 10 years old. Like most sporting equipment, the tools keep getting better every year. My clubs are ancient technology from the year 2000.

I have been checking out this driver at one of the courses that I play at. It's last years model and half price, 125.00. So I says to myself, buy the club and climb back into the 21st century a-hold. So I did.

I used the driver to play nine holes and it was magic. I was driving the ball longer and straighter than I had in a long time. The upside is that I was hitting my second shot from the fairway. The downside, I did not find any golf balls because I was not in the woods where I usually hit my second shot from. Well anyway, I was flying high and decided to play again on Tuesday.

Tuesday the same results with the new driver, straight long drives. And as a pushed my tee into the the ground on the 7Th hole, and placed my Nike ball on the top, I felt good. Addressed the ball, "hello ball"(old golf joke), and take a big back swing, follow through and whacked the ball. And what a drive it was straight and true. But wait, what is that other object that is trailing my ball, it's the head of my new driver. The shaft had snapped and catapulted the head almost as far as the ball.

So I take the club back to where I bought it and tell the man my sad sad story. So I expected him to say

"Oh we are really sorry about the club and we will have it repaired or give you your money back dear sir."

But no, he said to me.

"I will send it back to the manufacture and see what they want to do, you know that club is last years model. Would you pay for a new shaft if that's what they want to do?"

"Fuck no! Maybe if I had spent 20 bucks for the club I would. And how about I shove my broken driver shaft up your ass." That's what I should have said, but I was so dumbfounded I could just stammer and mumble something incoherent. So WTF.

What's wrong with this picture. Are we living in America or Russia where these things probably happen all the time. That's my story and it is sad but true. Tune in to find out what happens and pray for your pal.


2 comments:

Spencer Troxell said...

I'll sacrifice a chicken for you, Willie.

Willie Y said...

Thanks Spence, I can alway count on you having my back.