Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Perfect Tea Party Candidate

This is what happened at a debate for governor in Arizona to Jan Brewer the acting governor. And a comment by Howard Fineman on the Kieth Obermann show, about the politicians of today. It's very interesting and very scary.






Here's the thing to gets me. we have the wrong paradigm here. you and I and a
lot of our viewers are thinking of candidates running for office, having debates
that they care about, worrying whether they're answering reporters' questions or
not in the hallway. That's no longer the paradigm, at least with a lot of the
tea party candidates, and indeed a lot of other candidates, democrat and
republican i'm afraid to say. In the age of twitter and facebook, in an age of
fox and independent spending campaigns, and in an age when most of the American
people are highly distrustful of the media in general, I think the tea party
candidates -- and I put Jan Brewer in that category -- basically try to make a
virtue out of not answering any questions. And indeed, her silence in the debate
-- that may be the new paradigm for how you to handle debates. I don't know.
We're kind of knocking on the glass on the outside. and the question for these
candidates, Keith, is it's September 2nd. Can they go from September 2nd to
November 2nd without dealing with the press?

5 comments:

Spencer Troxell said...

sheesh. She's worse than this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hvaeHllwtw

Lodo Grdzak said...

What a mind. But hey, we dont need to think anymore--we need to feel!

Anonymous said...

Top site, I had not noticed parkersnarky.blogspot.com previously in my searches!
Carry on the excellent work!

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]uk bonus casino[/url] brake the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]realcazinoz[/url] unshackled no set aside reward at the foremost [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]baywatchcasino.com
[/url].